About the Neighbors Committee
The BWI Neighbors Committee serves as a liaison between Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) and the surrounding communities to ensure continuing and timely discussion of mutual airport and community interests. Such interests include, but are not limited to: (1) ground (highway) access, (2) long-range plans, (3) operational changes, (4) noise, (5) parking and (6) land use. This committee serves as a forum for exchanging information, ideas and suggestions.
Due to the continuing nature of the dialogue between community associations and the Maryland Aviation Administration (MAA), committee participation is limited to one official representative of each community association, plus representatives of the local air traffic control tower of the Federal Aviation Administration and the MAA. While others may attend the meetings of the Neighbors Committee as observers, they do not participate in discussions.
Guidelines for community representatives:
- Sufficient technical education/experience to readily assimilate and communicate information related to airport operations, facilities and noise at BWI Airport
- Active and representative members of each of the following community improvement associations:
– Arundel Hills
– Glen Burnie
– Glen Burnie Park
– Timber Ridge
- Endorsement by community association
- Available for evening and daytime meetings
- Not an elected public official
- Not employed by an organization that deals with or has business with the Airport.
Click for Committe Member and Community List ( PDF format)
Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.